- Django project best practices to keep your developers happy
Using Makefiles, pre-commit, and GitHub Actions to help create a happy development team.
- Manipulating data with Django migrations
How to update Django models and manipulate existing data using migrations.
- What is TLS? Transport Layer Security encryption explained in plain english
How TLS, digital certificates, and sessions help keep communications secure.
- Deceptively simple search-and-replace across multiple files
How to interactively search-and-replace across many files with just two commands, thanks to Vim.
- How GitHub Codespaces increases productivity and lowers barriers
A look at how GitHub Codespaces can increase productivity and help new teammates and contributors start developing fast.
- How to create a self-documenting Makefile
Accelerate your workflow and DevOps with command-line aliases you can check in
- Go automate your GitHub profile README
Create a dynamic Markdown file with Go and GitHub Actions
- Writing efficient Django
How to use Django's views, models, and queries to build a better application.
- Look mom, I'm a GitHub Action Hero
The GitHub blog interviews me for their GitHub Action Hero series.
- Technical ergonomics for the efficient developer
If you knew these tools existed, you'd probably be using them by now.