Victoria Drake is writing about:
- Git commit practices your future self will thank you for
How squash commits, vimrc, and git tags can help you make great Git commits.
- An automatic interactive pre-commit checklist, in the style of infomercials
How to set up an interactive checklist using a Git pre-commit hook script.
- How to set up a short feedback loop as a solo coder
Strategies for continuous improvement when you're a freelance developer.
- Adorable bookmarklets want to help delete your social media data
Bookmarklets you can use in your browser to help clean up your social media data.
- A coffee-break introduction to time complexity of algorithms
A groundwork understanding of algorithm time complexity in about fifteen minutes.
- Knapsack problem algorithms for my real-life carry-on knapsack
Using a greedy algorithm and dynamic programming to pack my full-time nomad travel bag.
- Why I'm automatically deleting my old tweets using AWS Lambda
From now on, my tweets are ephemeral. Here’s why I’m deleting all my old tweets, and the AWS Lambda function I’m using to do all this for free.
- Running a free Twitter bot on AWS Lambda
How to save some time with automated link sharing on Twitter - for free!
- Moving to a new domain without breaking old links with AWS & Disqus
I moved my site's blog to its own domain without breaking old links or losing comments. Here's how.
- A Unicode substitution cipher algorithm
How a fun but useless project turned into a Unicode substitution cipher algorithm.