- Set up a Pi-hole VPN on an AWS Lightsail instance
Build your own VPN with Pi-hole to block ads and trackers.
- Create a self-hosted chat service with your own Matrix server
A speed-run introduction to Matrix via Dendrite.
- Build your own serverless subscriber list with Go and AWS
How to build your own newsletter list with DynamoDB and SES email sign up confirmations.
- A cron job that could save you from a ransomware attack
How a simple scheduled job can help you quickly recover from ransomware.
- Migrating to the cloud but without screwing it up, or how to move house
A practical guide to moving to cloud services with minimal downtime, using AWS examples.
- How to set up OpenVPN on AWS EC2 and fix DNS leaks on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS
A guide for setting up your own private VPN service, and understanding and fixing a DNS leak.
- Why I'm automatically deleting my old tweets using AWS Lambda
From now on, my tweets are ephemeral. Here’s why I’m deleting all my old tweets, and the AWS Lambda function I’m using to do all this for free.
- Running a free Twitter bot on AWS Lambda
How to save some time with automated link sharing on Twitter - for free!
- Moving to a new domain without breaking old links with AWS & Disqus
I moved my site's blog to its own domain without breaking old links or losing comments. Here's how.
- Hosting your static site with AWS S3, Route 53, and CloudFront
A guide to using Amazon Web Services to serve your site with HTTPS. For (almost) free.