- Secure application architecture basics: separation, configuration, and access
A starting point for building secure application architecture, for busy developers.
- Migrating to the cloud but without screwing it up, or how to move house
A practical guide to moving to cloud services with minimal downtime, using AWS examples.
- Git commit practices your future self will thank you for
Learn how to easily create a clean and readable Git commit history with git squash, message templates, git stash, and tags.
- An automatic interactive pre-commit checklist, in the style of infomercials
How to set up an interactive checklist using a Git pre-commit hook script.
- How to set up a short feedback loop as a solo coder
Strategies for continuous improvement when you're a freelance developer.
- How to code a satellite algorithm and cook paella from scratch
A guide to expertly tackling seemingly complicated problems that you'd rather never tackle in the first place.
- Understanding Array.prototype.reduce() and recursion using apple pie
- Iterating over objects and arrays: frequent errors
A quick reference to why your code isn't working, or some errors I frequently make with iteration when the coffee wears off.
- Iteration in Python: for, list, and map
The basics of writing iterations in Python using for loops, list comprehensions, and map.