Posts with tags including: data
- A cron job that could save you from a ransomware attack
How a simple scheduled job can help you quickly recover from ransomware.
- Publishing GitHub event data with GitHub Actions and Pages
A guide to overcoming the GitHub event data horizon with a little command-line magic.
- Personal cybersecurity posture for when you're just this guy, you know?
Security best practices for the average person.
- Secure application architecture basics: separation, configuration, and access
A starting point for building secure application architecture, for busy developers.
- Migrating to the cloud but without screwing it up, or how to move house
A practical guide to moving to cloud services with minimal downtime, using AWS examples.
- How users and applications stay safe on the Internet: it's proxy servers all the way down
An overview of how proxy servers form the basis of online anonymity, and how their use in various forms helps both users and web applications.
- Hackers are Googling your plain text passwords: preventing sensitive data exposure
Why sensitive data controls need to be established long before you think you need them, as demonstrated by Google dorking.
- SQL injection and XSS: what white hat hackers know about trusting user input
A primer on SQL injection and cross site scripting, and how to handle user input in software development.
- How to write Bash one-liners for cloning and managing GitHub and GitLab repositories
Using xargs and awk in Bash to automate managing remote-hosted repositories.
- Knapsack problem algorithms for my real-life carry-on knapsack
Using a greedy algorithm and dynamic programming to pack my full-time nomad travel bag.
- Things you need to know about becoming a Data Scientist
Five Data Scientists discuss a day in the life and what it takes to be a successful Data Scientist.