- Publishing GitHub event data with GitHub Actions and Pages
A guide to overcoming the GitHub event data horizon with a little command-line magic.
- Secure application architecture basics: separation, configuration, and access
A starting point for building secure application architecture, for busy developers.
- Migrating to the cloud but without screwing it up, or how to move house
A practical guide to moving to cloud services with minimal downtime, using AWS examples.
- Hackers are Googling your plain text passwords: preventing sensitive data exposure
Why sensitive data controls need to be established long before you think you need them, as demonstrated by Google dorking.
- SQL injection and XSS: what white hat hackers know about trusting user input
A primer on SQL injection and cross site scripting, and how to handle user input in software development.
- How to write Bash one-liners for cloning and managing GitHub and GitLab repositories
Using xargs and awk in Bash to automate managing remote-hosted repositories.
- Knapsack problem algorithms for my real-life carry-on knapsack
Using a greedy algorithm and dynamic programming to pack my full-time nomad travel bag.
- Things you need to know about becoming a Data Scientist
Five Data Scientists discuss a day in the life and what it takes to be a successful Data Scientist.