- Git branching for small teams
A Git version control branch management strategy for small teams.
- Publishing GitHub event data with GitHub Actions and Pages
A guide to overcoming the GitHub event data horizon with a little command-line magic.
- How to do twice as much with half the keystrokes using `.bashrc`
An overview of time-saving aliases, functions, and creating a useful Bash prompt.
- How to write Bash one-liners for cloning and managing GitHub and GitLab repositories
Using xargs and awk in Bash to automate managing remote-hosted repositories.
- Two ways to deploy a public GitHub Pages site from a private Hugo repository
Keep your drafts out of the public eye by making use of continuous deployment tools to publish your public GitHub Pages site - from a separate private repository.
- A remote sync solution for iOS and Linux: Git and Working Copy
How to set up a cross-platform solution for working with Git on iOS.
- Git commit practices your future self will thank you for
Learn how to easily create a clean and readable Git commit history with git squash, message templates, git stash, and tags.
- An automatic interactive pre-commit checklist, in the style of infomercials
How to set up an interactive checklist using a Git pre-commit hook script.