- Digital resilience: redundancy for websites and communications
How you can make your digital life more resilient when using services you don't own.
- Make your own independent website
How to make 2021 the year of the independent web.
- How to get hired as a software developer
What to know before applying for a software developer job.
- How to become a software developer
The article I wish I had read when I started coding.
- So you're the family tech support
Privacy and online security to-dos for the home-for-the-holidays tech support hero.
- Three rules for choosing a VPN that takes your privacy seriously
The lesser-known risks of ISPs and why I chose ExpressVPN.
- Goals are for Losers
I needed to grow my skill set, and fast.
I had been working as a freelance software developer. At …
- Look mom, I'm a GitHub Action Hero
The GitHub blog interviews me for their GitHub Action Hero series.
- Technical ergonomics for the efficient developer
If you knew these tools existed, you'd probably be using them by now.
- Outsourcing security with 1Password, Authy, and Privacy.com
Take some work off your plate while beefing up security with three changes you can make today.
- Why PixelFed won't save us from Instagram
Why decentralized photo sharing won't save us from Instagram - but it might help.
- The past ten years, or, how to get better at anything
Thoughts on learning software development, technical blogging, and what the past ten years have taught me.
- Three healthy cybersecurity habits
Three helpful cybersecurity new year resolutions. Happy holidays!
- The care and feeding of an IoT device
Why IoT devices are, basically, puppies, and whether or not you should give somebody one for Christmas.
- Personal cybersecurity posture with too many pop culture references
Security best practices for the average person.
- On doing great things
Some thoughts inspired by International Women's Day, Grace Hopper, and making contributions to the world of tech.
- How to set up a short feedback loop as a solo coder
Strategies for continuous improvement when you're a freelance developer.
- Why I'm automatically deleting my old tweets using AWS Lambda
From now on, my tweets are ephemeral. Here’s why I’m deleting all my old tweets, and the AWS Lambda function I’m using to do all this for free.
- About time
Some thoughts and concrete suggestions on saving society through programming.
- Things you need to know about becoming a Data Scientist
Five Data Scientists discuss a day in the life and what it takes to be a successful Data Scientist.