- Digital resilience: redundancy for websites and communications
How you can make your digital life more resilient when using services you don't own.
- Make your own independent website
How to make 2021 the year of the independent web.
- How to get hired as a software developer
What to know before applying for a software developer job.
- How to become a software developer
The article I wish I had read when I started coding.
- So you're the family tech support
Privacy and online security to-dos for the home-for-the-holidays tech support hero.
- Three rules for choosing a VPN that takes your privacy seriously
The lesser-known risks of ISPs and why I chose ExpressVPN.
- Look mom, I'm a GitHub Action Hero
The GitHub blog interviews me for their GitHub Action Hero series.
- Technical ergonomics for the efficient developer
If you knew these tools existed, you'd probably be using them by now.
- Outsourcing security with 1Password, Authy, and Privacy.com
Take some work off your plate while beefing up security with three changes you can make today.
- The past ten years, or, how to get better at anything
Thoughts on learning software development, technical blogging, and what the past ten years have taught me.
- Three healthy cybersecurity habits
Three helpful cybersecurity new year resolutions. Happy holidays!
- The care and feeding of an IoT device
Why IoT devices are, basically, puppies, and whether or not you should give somebody one for Christmas.
- On doing great things
Some thoughts inspired by International Women's Day, Grace Hopper, and making contributions to the world of tech.
- How to set up a short feedback loop as a solo coder
Strategies for continuous improvement when you're a freelance developer.
- About time
Some thoughts and concrete suggestions on saving society through programming.
- Things you need to know about becoming a Data Scientist
Five Data Scientists discuss a day in the life and what it takes to be a successful Data Scientist.