- Two ways to deploy a public GitHub Pages site from a private Hugo repository
April 22, 2019 - Keep your drafts out of the public eye by making use of continuous deployment tools to publish your public GitHub Pages site - from a separate private repository.
- Git commit practices your future self will thank you for
August 6, 2018 - How squash commits, vimrc, and git tags can help you make great Git commits.
- An automatic interactive pre-commit checklist, in the style of infomercials
July 23, 2018 - How to set up an interactive checklist using a Git pre-commit hook script.
- Batch renaming images, including image resolution, with awk
November 20, 2017 - How to batch rename images with custom values using file, awk, and rename - in rainbow colors!
- How to replace a string in a dozen old blog posts with one sed terminal command
May 6, 2017 - How to use sed to update a URL in all your old blog posts with simple find and replace.