- Digital resilience: redundancy for websites and communications
How you can make your digital life more resilient when using services you don't own.
- Add search to Hugo static sites with Lunr
Make your static site searchable with a client-side search index.
- Make your own independent website
How to make 2021 the year of the independent web.
- Responsive pages and color themes with minimal CSS
Building a responsive website with color themes? Start at the root.
- Build your own serverless subscriber list with Go and AWS
How to build your own newsletter list with DynamoDB and SES email sign up confirmations.
- Hugo vs Jekyll: an epic battle of static site generator themes
A comparison of nuances of creating themes for the top two static site generators.
- Publishing GitHub event data with GitHub Actions and Pages
A guide to overcoming the GitHub event data horizon with a little command-line magic.
- A lightweight, tool-agnostic CI/CD flow with GitHub Actions
How to take advantage of a simple GitHub Actions workflow without sacrificing agnostic tooling.
- A portable Makefile for continuous delivery with Hugo and GitHub Pages
My Makefile for building this site, optimizing images, and running my CI/CD GitHub Actions flow.
- Migrating to the cloud but without screwing it up, or how to move house
A practical guide to moving to cloud services with minimal downtime, using AWS examples.