Posts with tags including websites.
- Publishing GitHub event data with GitHub Actions and Pages
data ☕️☕️ 8 min read
A guide to overcoming the GitHub event data horizon with a little command-line magic.
- A lightweight, tool-agnostic CI/CD flow with GitHub Actions
coding ☕️ 5 min read
How to take advantage of a simple GitHub Actions workflow without sacrificing agnostic tooling.
- A portable Makefile for continuous delivery with Hugo and GitHub Pages
coding ☕️ 5 min read
My Makefile for building this site, optimizing images, and running my CI/CD GitHub Actions flow.
- Migrating to the cloud but without screwing it up, or how to move house
aws ☕️☕️ 11 min read
A practical guide to moving to cloud services with minimal downtime, using AWS examples.
- How users and applications stay safe on the Internet: it's proxy servers all the way down
cybersecurity ☕️☕️ 9 min read
An overview of how proxy servers form the basis of online anonymity, and how their use in various forms helps both users and web applications.
- Hackers are Googling your plain text passwords: preventing sensitive data exposure
cybersecurity ☕️☕️ 8 min read
Why sensitive data controls need to be established long before you think you need them, as demonstrated by Google dorking.
- SQL injection and XSS: what white hat hackers know about trusting user input
cybersecurity ☕️☕️ 11 min read
A primer on SQL injection and cross site scripting, and how to handle user input in software development.
- A quick guide to changing your GitHub username
websites ☕️ 2 min read
Some additional steps to consider after making a change to your username on GitHub.
- Two ways to deploy a public GitHub Pages site from a private Hugo repository
git ☕️☕️ 8 min read
Keep your drafts out of the public eye by making use of continuous deployment tools to publish your public GitHub Pages site - from a separate private repository.
- Moving to a new domain without breaking old links with AWS & Disqus
aws ☕️ 3 min read
I moved my site's blog to its own domain without breaking old links or losing comments. Here's how.
- Hosting your static site with AWS S3, Route 53, and CloudFront
aws ☕️☕️ 7 min read
A guide to using Amazon Web Services to serve your site with HTTPS. For (almost) free.
- How I ditched WordPress and set up my custom domain HTTPS site for (almost) free
websites ☕️☕️ 6 min read
A guide (for the minimally tech-savvy) to setting up a website with HTTPS using Hugo, Cloudflare and GitHub Pages.