Posts with tags including: cybersecurity
- Healthy habits for good cybersecurity
A few helpful cybersecurity resolutions to take into the new year. Happy holidays!
- Word bugs in software documentation and how to fix them
A collection of mistakes that make documentation less awesome than it could be.
- User interface security for the front-end developer
Best practices that contribute to cybersecurity, for the user interface.
- The surprisingly difficult task of printing newlines in a terminal
Your guide to string interpolation quirks that confound the best of us.
- The care and feeding of an IoT device
Why IoT devices are, basically, puppies, and whether or not you should give somebody one for Christmas.
- A cron job that could save you from a ransomware attack
How a simple scheduled job can help you quickly recover from ransomware.
- Personal cybersecurity posture for when you're just this guy, you know?
Security best practices for the average person.
- Secure application architecture basics: separation, configuration, and access
A starting point for building secure application architecture, for busy developers.
- How users and applications stay safe on the Internet: it's proxy servers all the way down
An overview of how proxy servers form the basis of online anonymity, and how their use in various forms helps both users and web applications.
- Hackers are Googling your plain text passwords: preventing sensitive data exposure
Why sensitive data controls need to be established long before you think you need them, as demonstrated by Google dorking.
- SQL injection and XSS: what white hat hackers know about trusting user input
A primer on SQL injection and cross site scripting, and how to handle user input in software development.
- How to set up OpenVPN on AWS EC2 and fix DNS leaks on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS
A guide for setting up your own private VPN service, and understanding and fixing a DNS leak.