- Digital resilience: redundancy for websites and communications
How you can make your digital life more resilient when using services you don't own.
- Create a self-hosted chat service with your own Matrix server
A speed-run introduction to Matrix via Dendrite.
- Do I raise or return errors in Python?
Raise, return, and how to never fail silently in Python.
- What tech leaders do before going on vacation
How to be a responsible leader even while you're away.
- Add search to Hugo static sites with Lunr
Make your static site searchable with a client-side search index.
- Make your own independent website
How to make 2021 the year of the independent web.
- How to get hired as a software developer
What to know before applying for a software developer job.
- How to become a software developer
The article I wish I had read when I started coding.
- Be brave and build in public
Make every day feel like 🎅 Christmas when you participate in open source communities.
- So you're the family tech support
Privacy and online security to-dos for the home-for-the-holidays tech support hero.