- How users and applications stay safe on the Internet: it's proxy servers all the way down
An overview of how proxy servers form the basis of online anonymity, and how their use in various forms helps both users and web applications.
- Hackers are Googling your plain text passwords: preventing sensitive data exposure
Why sensitive data controls need to be established long before you think you need them, as demonstrated by Google dorking.
- SQL injection and XSS: what white hat hackers know about trusting user input
A primer on SQL injection and cross site scripting, and how to handle user input in software development.
- A quick guide to changing your GitHub username
Some additional steps to consider after making a change to your username on GitHub.
- Moving to a new domain without breaking old links with AWS & Disqus
I moved my site's blog to its own domain without breaking old links or losing comments. Here's how.
- Hosting your static site with AWS S3, Route 53, and CloudFront
A guide to using Amazon Web Services to serve your site with HTTPS. For (almost) free.
- How I ditched WordPress and set up my custom domain HTTPS site for (almost) free
A guide (for the minimally tech-savvy) to setting up a website with HTTPS using Hugo, Cloudflare and GitHub Pages.