Victoria Drake is writing about:
- Multithreaded Python: slithering through an I/O bottleneck
How taking advantage of parallelism in Python can make your software orders of magnitude faster.
- Breaking bottlenecks 🍾
A talk on the benefits of non-blocking functions for programs, developers, and organizations.
- Command line tricks for managing your messy open source repository
A handy toolbox for the terminal to help open source maintainers make their projects sparkle.
- The past ten years, or, how to get better at anything
Thoughts on learning software development, technical blogging, and what the past ten years have taught me.
- Healthy habits for good cybersecurity
A few helpful cybersecurity resolutions to take into the new year. Happy holidays!
- Concurrency, parallelism, and the many threads of Santa Claus 🎅
A seasonal exploration of the difference between concurrent, parallel, and multithreaded processes.
- Word bugs in software documentation and how to fix them
A collection of mistakes that make documentation less awesome than it could be.
- Secure web forms for the front-end developer
How to design secure web forms: validate, sanitize, and control.
- The surprisingly difficult task of printing newlines in a terminal
Your guide to string interpolation quirks that confound the best of us.